Wicca is a spiritual path not to be taken lightly. If you are drawn to Wicca the first thing you need to do is study, study, study. Learn as much as you can about Wicca, there are many lineages that have different rules and requirements. Make sure you choose a path that most suits your needs and beliefs.
Some Wiccan paths require you to be initiated by a High Priest and/or Priestess, while others allow for self initiation. Wicca can be expressed as a solitary religion or in a group called a coven. Take your time to research, speak with Coven elders and discover what feels right for you.
Wicca is not a once a week or special occasions only religion, it requires work every day. Wicca is a lifestyle, a choice to honour the Divine is every person, animal, plant and thing around you.
Wicca teaches responsibility and no matter what lineage resonates most with you, there are certain practices you should add into your daily life:
- Honour the Wiccan Rede: Honour and respect everything in your life. Maintain the delicate balance of the Universe by giving back whenever you take away. For example, if you pick a bouquet of wild flowers, plant more nearby.
- Honour the Three Fold Law: Be conscious in all your interactions and know that whatever you send out to the Universe in thought and in deed will return to you times 3.
- Write in your Book of Shadows: This is your spiritual diary and should be added to constantly whether you just record you daily meditations or devotionals or you add in magickal recipes.
- Honour the God and the Goddess: Every morning acknowledge and thank the Divine through prayer and offerings.
- And it Harm None, Do What Ye Will: This is the most important tenant of the Wiccan Rede and if you can’t remember all of it, know this by heart and truly live by it.
- Respect Others Beliefs: Do not preach your beliefs, remember that no matter how you honour the Divine it is the intention that matters not the ritual or words. All Goddesses are one Goddess and all Gods are one God and they all are one in Spirit.
- Honour Mother Earth: The Earth is a gift. Honour nature and be conscious of your carbon footprint!
- Devote time to the Divine: Wicca is very personal. It is important to spend some time each day with one of the faces of the God or Goddess, get to know them and see the Divine as it is reflected in you.
Wicca is a diverse religion that offers many lineages and ways to practice. Take time to truly discover all that Wicca has to offer in your life and what most resonates with you whether it is solitary practice or as part of a Coven. At the end of the day, what is most important is your connection to the Divine.Tags: Divine Wicca, Harm None, Wiccan Rede, work