16 Responses to Congratulations to the 2012 Bernice Adams Award Finalists

1. joe lethbridge March 24, 2012 at 2:50 pm

..and I had to go to Cambridge Self Help Food Bank to get a suit as I had none and have not worn one in over 20 years.Not sure if my sneakers can slip past the doors at GCC though. Thanks to all at the Food Bank I will look a bit more “Oscar” like

2. Hags March 24, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Joe, you mean like Oscar Madison?

3. Margaret Barr March 25, 2012 at 11:28 am

Congratulations to all! This is indeed a high honour; and rightly deserved by those who contribute so much to our community.

Joe, I am especially pleased for you!

4. joe lethbridge March 25, 2012 at 1:26 pm

haha hags. I am more like felix unger . Thanks Margaret !! x

5. JAN Liggett March 25, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Scot,

It’s Jan not Jen

6. Mrs. R.D.M March 25, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Awww, I too am especially happy for you, Joe. I bet you will look fabulous.

7. Joe Lethbridge March 26, 2012 at 9:58 am

Thanks Mrs R.D.M. It has been eons since donning a suit. I guess I must forgo my beaded sneakers for one day

8. Hags March 26, 2012 at 11:16 am

Would be nice if someone explained what the awards are ‘for’. Excuse my ignorance (yet again), but I don’t know anything about Bernice Adams or her awards. A brief history about the awards would be welcomed.

9. Joe Lethbridge March 26, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Hags. More info is available at http://www.cambridge.ca/community_services/awards_and_bursaries/bernice_adams_award . If its anything about Cambridge and happenings its there

10. EFriest March 27, 2012 at 10:09 am

Not to come across the wrong way, but Scott it sounds like you are saying that none of the 7 winners who are unpaid writers, would have not been nominated or selected if you hadnt molded them? Funny thing is that all these writers have written things way before The Citizen came into the picture. Yes you are delivering the next litary arts award, however you do not have any say in who wins it.

11. Scot Ferguson-Barber March 27, 2012 at 10:43 am

You should learn how to read, Eddie, perhaps you wouldn’t get your knickers in a knot so often. I said “have either written for or had stories about them on the site or published in the last year.”
    We have had stories about Bonny, Libby and Ean.
    The point is the writers here have their finger on the pulse of the local art community.

12. newsfan March 28, 2012 at 11:30 am

CONCEITED, not CONCEDED. Efriest, I am not sure why you and a handul of others are so desirous of beating up on SF. No one, I think, has locked horns with him on this site anymore than I. You know, you get over it and move on to the next conversation. Not too long ago, there was a post to me at the Times telling me not to post here. I post wherever I choose, based on my interest in the topic at hand. Iit so happens that some very interesting topics are articled here.

It reminds me of creepy, cliquis, teenager crap – “Don’t talk to him/her” – and it is immature and stupid. Some of the comments I have read by other people who have been “here” and now have chosen to go “there” are vicious and far beyond the “personal attacks” that I have been accused of in the past – and by the same people.

Now the assault and false accusations have carried over to Ben Tucci because he walked into a meeting with Scot??? Are you kidding me??? Ben happens to be one of the most dedicated, caring citizens on the planet! The only problem (mine) might be is that he is Liberal 😉 But, to attack his character and skew his years of service is unacceptable. Maybe it is posturing for a mayoral run for Margaret Barr – if it is you’re not helping her – or just plain old Monday morning quarterbacking, I don’t know.

Anyway, I’m defending Scot or Ben, they can do that just fine. But, I believe we need sites like this in our city. And for the most part, the Citizen does a great job.

13. joe lethbridge March 29, 2012 at 1:44 pm

The Citizen was a voice for Cambridge yet I feel a moderator is needed for EVERYONES best interests. All too often I have seen posts go far off topic . This makes some readers wonder WTF. I have contributed stories to The Citizen and the “there” that newsfan states in his above opinion. I think most newspapers online or newsblogs tend to go this way.I feel that a moderator is indeed needed. In my opinion The Cambridge Citizen paper would have more readers at is always at the fingertips much like a real book versus an ebook. I have not been political in any post nor will I be; either on here or “there” or anywhere else my writing may be. I do not write for the sake of seeing my words in print.I write in hopes that it touches someone in someway or hell;makes them think

14. newsfan March 29, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Thanks Joe. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the goal here is to be a distinctive “arts portal” and not so much a current events blog. My belief is that it can be both, or all, by providing a gateway into the category of choice. Maybe by segregating comments into their respective categories it would create less interference for contributors seeking to remain topic/category specific?

15. newsfan March 30, 2012 at 9:00 am

Wow. Kind of like walking into a store and there is nobody around taking care of it. There are no customers or staff in the store, just you, and it has that eerie silence. Then some lady, you didn’t notice, who is 4 foot nothing, standing right behind you says “Can I help you” and you crap your drawers right on the spot. Kind of like that.

16. Rich May 23, 2012 at 11:08 pm

Webmaster, I am the admin at SEOPlugins.org. We profile SEO Plugins for WordPress blogs for on-site and off-site SEO. I’d like to invite you to check out our recent profile for a pretty amazing plugin which can double or triple traffic for a Worpdress blog and we just posted a video showing the plugin in action. You can delete this comment, I didn’t want to comment on your blog, just wanted to drop you a personal message. Thanks, Rich