11 Responses to CREATING ONTARIO FILM JOBS: Only Ontario Liberals Offer Strong, Steady Leadership In Perilous Economic Times

1. Hags September 29, 2011 at 9:52 pm

The guy off to the side and looking at Dalton is obviously thinking….do I take him out now and save the province a lot of pain? Hmmh

2. Ruth-Anne McCauley September 29, 2011 at 10:09 pm

chuckle chuckle

3. Barb Bierman September 29, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Just wondering why party press releases get printed here – think it’s even bees discussed before. Thought this was a forum for the citizens of cambridge to make contributions. Thought that that’s what makes the citizen so special, so unique…

4. Johnny September 29, 2011 at 10:52 pm

@Barb – you mean like the ones that come from the PC party of Ontario? C’mon now.

5. Scot Ferguson-Barber September 29, 2011 at 11:40 pm

Barb, it’s because you don’t send us any. We also run the press releases that the city sends us.
    Like it or not, we are part of the media, and we aren’t going anywhere.

6. Facetious Lee September 30, 2011 at 8:40 am

“We aren’t going anywhere”.
    Scot, that statement is a little ambiguous.

7. Scot Ferguson-Barber September 30, 2011 at 8:49 am

How so, Lee? The Citizen plans on being around for a long time.

8. Facetious Lee September 30, 2011 at 8:57 am

You aren’t going anywhere? You are staying the same? Not getting better?

9. Scot Ferguson-Barber September 30, 2011 at 9:10 am

LOL, you got me, Facetious. It’s early, I see the ambiguity now.
    We are getting a whole lot better. We have a lot of things planned, there just isn’t much sense in implementing them until the election is over.

10. Margaret Barr September 30, 2011 at 10:05 am

Reporting on McGuinty’s visit to Cambridge today, the Times wrote “McGuinty was also asked about the future of Cambridge Memorial Hospital’s long-awaited expansion.

The leader wouldn’t say when the project would go ahead, as promised last month.

“It’d be nice if we could build all the hospitals we need and build them overnight,” he told reporters. “But we can’t.”

In other words, “I’m not making promises I can’t (or won’t keep). Those who may be thinking of voting for the Liberals, hoping our hospital’s expansion is a done deal (under McGarry…or the Liberals in general) better think again. Even Dalton ain’t gonna’ lie about that one!!!!

Margaret Barr on September 30, 2011 at 9:58 am
    Hey, how come I can’t get any response from my last posting yesterday (just above)….That’s ‘news’ to talk about…..

——————————————————————————–
    I posted this on another thread and didn’t get one single comment. Thought I would repost here…seems a more appropriate spot

11. malcolm September 30, 2011 at 11:09 am

Maybe you should change newspapers my dear. Dalton said he would expand the hospital if re-elected according to the K-W Record. Tender calls for immediate renovation work are out. Now we have heard that song before, that being said “scarlet I don’t give a damn who builds it.” Just get on with it before us seniors get together and do it ourselves. After all many seniors are/were trades people. No Margaret you don’t need to climb a ladder, you are a well grounded person so you can handle the PR. Kathryn will look after those who get hurt, Antinuke will supply the orange crush drinks, with Rob cooking the healthy Italian food.