Doug gets a break

By  | March 30, 2011 | 7 Comments | Filed under: Politics

All right, a Federal Election! The heats off me!

About

7 Responses to Doug gets a break

1. scot March 30, 2011 at 1:30 pm

LMAO! Ain’t that the truth. maybe they should have waited for Drayton. (Psst, hey Doug, it would be a good time to sneak in the Biennale1)

2. Brett Hagey March 30, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Why sneak? Benbo’s “Silent Majority” has already approved it 😉

3. Facetious Lee March 31, 2011 at 7:42 pm

I might have given Dougie a break, however an article in todays RECORD reminded me of him.
    According to estimates given in THE RECORD, the King of Cambridge makes a cool $135,193 per year.
    To be fair, there are plenty of civil servants who make a killing. The king makes more than some – less than others.
    I decided to do a little math.
    When I broke the figures down, I found the Mr. Craig makes $370.30 every day of the year. Even on the days he is off – Christmas, Sundays and so on.
    That works out to $15.43 every hour of the day – even when he is sleeping.
    If Doug were to go see a 2 hour play at the Drayton Theatre, he would earn $30.86 to attend. That’s a good deal since I’m betting he will get complimentary tickets along with other local politicians and members of the press.
    If Dougie leaves his desk and takes a trip to the loo, a short visit might earn him 51cents. A longer visit – maybe 2 or 3 times as much.
    Dougie, I’m sure, hates leap years. He has to work an extra day for the same money.
    Why don’t a few more of you make some calculations of your own.

4. scot April 2, 2011 at 9:42 am

…or he makes about $1 for each Cambridge resident. Lee,I’ll personally give you your dollar back, because in my opinion he’s worth it.

5. Scot Ferguson-Barber April 28, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Our page views from City Hall have been dropping off. They think we are ignoring them.

6. Facetious Lee April 29, 2011 at 2:00 am

Yes Scot, $1 per resident sounds reasonable – till you realize that he took $44 from every resident to pay for Drayton. And, a similar amount for the School of Architecture.
    Hmmm, I didn’t get much for my dollar, now did I?
    Would you give me $89.00 back?

7. Scot Ferguson-Barber April 29, 2011 at 6:34 am

Looks like conservative math. Was Harper your math teacher?