19 Responses to God Save the Bloody Queen!

1. Facetious Lee April 30, 2011 at 8:22 pm

I don’t give a damn whether Jack gets a massage. I get one every night!
    If Jack can make Stevie and Iggy a little more humble, good for him.
    Now, as far as the eyebrows of our dear Duchess – they are beautiful. None of this pencilled on shit that looks absolutely horrific.
    As for the eyebrows of the Archbishop – they were pretty wild!
    Sir Elton – no need for him to know Hymns. He won’t be able to sing his way into Heaven as long as he has a husband. There is a special place for the likes of them.
    I felt sorry for the Queen. What look is she to have on her face when everyone is begging God to save her. Even Phil was at least mouthing the words. He must not be too sick of her.

2. Margaret Barr April 30, 2011 at 8:45 pm

Factious Lee, don’t think anyone cares whether Jack gets a massage (except perhaps Olivia….who is standing firmly behind her man on this one). Let’s be serious here…ALL of us have sinned and come short of the glory of God. So don’t be so damned self-righteous :-O) Haven’t we had enough of that crap on here for awhile…..LOL You ALL know who I mean LOL again…

3. Margaret Barr April 30, 2011 at 9:38 pm

“None of this pencilled on shit that looks absolutely horrific.” NOW I’m really offended!! Was this a direct shot at me, Lee? Me thinks so…I have no eyebrows. You’ve seen me…you know it’s true. I have to draw them on (though, I must say many folks don’t know that until I tell them…because over the years I have become quite adept at making them look almost real…so there!). In any case, trying to make-fun of my personal appearance under the guise of a posting about the Duchess of Cambridge is, well, really out there! It’s insensitive and hurtful.

I am almost as stunned as I was when my son, only 3 at the time, asked if he could take me to play-school for ‘show and tell’.. because as he said, “you don’t have eyebrows and the other mothers do”. So he thought he would get the ‘show and tell’ prize if he could produce such an unusual display for his classmates. Did I go…Of course! I went with them ‘painted’ on, and then wiped them off after he ‘showed and told’ everyone about it (The teacher is probably still laughing….But hey, you do whatcha’ got to do for your child!)YOU didn’t have to do this, though.

And please, dont’ give me any “real men” stuff about how you didn’t “recall” me not having eyebrows. You sat right across the table from me, at Timmies, several weeks. This was a deliberate attempt to be insulting. I am so upset. I do hope you are only being facetious 🙂 I’m not!

4. Margaret Barr April 30, 2011 at 9:42 pm

Actually it may not have been you who sat across the table from me several weeks ago……But I think it was you..It’s hard to tell who’s who these days!

5. Malcolm May 1, 2011 at 3:16 am

Come on Margaret several weeks ago at Tims, with my Morgantaler looks, my Iggy granpa eyebrows with Prince Charles hair cut I am deeply offended.

6. Jerry Akesone May 1, 2011 at 12:09 pm

A group devoted to promoting the idea of a parliamentary republic is encouraging voters to consider the monarchy’s role in Canada when casting their ballot in the upcoming federal election.

None of the major Canadian political parties endorse cutting ties with the monarchy, and debate over the future of the monarchy in Canada has not figured prominently in the current campaign.

Citizens for a Canadian Republic, which advocates cutting the link between the Governor General and the monarchy, tried to change that with the release of its “voter guide” this week.

The guide provides people with the non-partisan organization’s interpretation of where the major federal parties stand on the monarchy-republic debate.

“We hope that voters will use the monarchy issue as a gauge for voting in their constituency,” said Tom Freda, co-author of the guide.

7. Scot Ferguson-Barber May 1, 2011 at 12:18 pm

I like ‘em, particularly now that we have a Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

8. Margaret Barr May 1, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Malcolm, I would never offend you. I well remember our first coffee at Timmie’s. I wasn’t talking about my visit with you. As for your thick eyebrows..well, I’m jealous!

9. Facetious Lee May 1, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Margaret, I assure you I didn’t have you in mind. I’m going to have to find several photos to show you WHAT I MEAN BY PENCILLED ON SHIT.

Ok, just found a photo of you, and it doesn’t offend me AT ALL. Not at all.
    Now, I will send you some horrific examples of “pencilled on shit”. And on the photos I send you – well it’s more than the eyebrows, but it’s the eyebrows too.
    Coming to your mailbox soon.

10. Scot Ferguson-Barber May 1, 2011 at 1:19 pm

you guys really shouldn’t give us more ammo.

11. Hags May 1, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Funny but I really hoped to irk some Monarchists by writing about them in such familiar terms but the only thing irksome about my comments was as aside about wild eyebrows.
    Anyway, where are the bleedin Monarchists…where are the offended people with the hyphenated names…Scot!..Where is the outrage? You guys are no fun!

12. Scot Ferguson-Barber May 1, 2011 at 1:51 pm

My name is hyphenated, and I’m a monarchist (or is it anarchist?)
    There is no sense in being outraged Hags, you thrive on it.

13. Margaret Barr May 1, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Good Lord, FC…..I just returned and saw your email. I was only kidding. If I was sensitive about my eyebrows (or lack thereof) I wouldn’t have gone to my son’s pre-school for his ‘show and tell’ (forgot to mention earlier, that he did win the ‘show and tell’ prize that day..seriously).

Everybody’s getting a little too sensitive around here……..Must be an election coming soon.

14. Scot Ferguson-Barber May 1, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Can we see? We’re all curious now!

15. Facetious Lee May 1, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Margaret, I was so upset that I upset you, that only now have I read your entire post!
    Unless I have a split personality, the other which I’m not aware of, I have never sat across from you at “Timmies”.
    Whew! I’m glad you’re blaming this on someone else!

OK, now I just got around to reading your next post. Now I know you have the wrong person in mind.
    If we ever do have coffee at Timmies, you can be sure you won’t know me as Facetious. I don’t need any hot coffee thrown in my face and scalding my lashes.

16. Facetious Lee May 1, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Margaret, you said.

“This was a deliberate attempt to be insulting. I am so upset. I do hope you are only being facetious I’m not!”

OK Margaret, you had me fooled. I don’t know how you’ll ever tell me in the future that you’re PO’ed at me.

17. Margaret Barr May 1, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Sorry, if my own facetious words were not well written enough for you to fully understand that I was having a laugh. Guess I thought no one could posibly be taking me seriously. Afterall, if I was so worried about my lack-of-brows, would I be telling everyone about them being the subject (and prize winner) of my son’s ‘show and tell’?? LOL!

18. Facetious Lee May 1, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Scot, I hope when you do Margaret’s next video – I hope you give her gorgeous eye-brows!

19. Facetious Lee May 1, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Seems I can dish it out, but can’t take it!