6 Responses to Has Hillis finally gotten rid of Scot?

1. John Andre February 21, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Very sorry to hear about your uncle. I worked with Fergie at Sheldons Engineering years ago, he was a shear operator there as well as saw operating, roll forming and lift truck. I think he used to hang out with John Cousineau as well.

2. Scot Ferguson-Barber February 21, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Yes, he worked there for many years.

3. Scot Ferguson-Barber February 22, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Apparently “palliative health care” is not what I thought. Susan Bridges from Comfort Keepers Home Care went to the hospital with me today to see what we could do it turned out to be a very interesting afternoon. Susan will be writing about this later, but the short version is “palliative health care” may be a term for neglect. He isn’t as near the end as I thought, I think he had just given up.

4. Margaret Barr February 22, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Scot, its good to hear that your uncle may not be as ‘near the end’ as originally thought. As you know, I have Healthcare POA for a friend who is in Stage 4 Cancer, and believe me, if it wasn’t for the wonderful wonderful homecare that she receives from her PSWs and RNs I (and the doctors) know she would not still be with us today. If at all possible, I think staying in your own home and receiving the proper care is the best way to manage a terminal illness. CMH does a great job of administering healthcare, but when it comes to ‘palliative care’…..there’s no place like home.

5. Sandra Hill February 23, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Scott, as you know my Mom was my best friend and when she became ill there was no way I would take her to the hospital to pass on. My life totally changed I ran 40 trucks and employed 100 employees but when she was diagnosed with Cancer and the doc gave us 2 years I knew that I had to make changes in my life

I spent a good 15 months with my Mom travelling and just doing whatever she wanted – no matter how tough life got for my family. As my Mom started decending, I set up our family room for my Mom to live in and we enjoyed her everyday.
    It was really good to see my son so young come home from school and really see what life is all about
    Let me tell you its not easy and I am sure there are people out there that could not assume this situation but my family and I did everything possible to make her life perfect – She did not want to die I don’t think anyone really does.
    Home care really helped me, they gave me piece of mind and they are brilliant people to do such a job.
    I was out of the social life for over 2 years and when she passed I had no idea what I would do next in life – Look at me today my Mom has sent me many messages, and I believe she gave me my direction to change my career and make my family stronger – Scott God Bless ! My thoughts are with you!

6. Scot Ferguson-Barber February 24, 2012 at 5:23 pm

I was just made his legal guardian. Kudos to Susan Bridges for making it happen so fast.
    At least now I can find him a decent nursing home, and I can take him out. He hasn’t been off that floor for a year.