Help us choose our new logo.

By  | December 21, 2011 | 13 Comments | Filed under: Editorial

Rachelle has been working on a new logo for us, we wanted something a little brighter. We have it down to a few choices. Let us know what you think.

[poll id=”37″]

13 Responses to Help us choose our new logo.

1. curmudgeon December 21, 2011 at 9:51 pm

Please don’t degrade our maple leaf by using it as a lowercase i dot. It looks real good stuck in yer big “C”. And for us cranky old farts who refuse to embrace the future could we get a Galt/Preston/Hespeler Citizen edition?

2. Scot Ferguson-Barber December 21, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Actually Curmudgeon, I’m glad you asked. Lary Turner has agreed to write a “Hespeler Happenings” Column, and I really like what he’s done. I’m hoping we can get a couple more along the same lines, the Reporter used to have columnists for all areas of the city. ( HMMMMM…one columnist per ward?)

3. Robert Ross December 22, 2011 at 10:44 am

“C” looks too much like the Conservative Party logo……

4. curmudgeon December 22, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Now ya got it Scotty,
    keep that line of thought moving and by year end the Toronto Sun will be a weekend insert.
    If something should ever happen in the new hometown of Woodstock I will be happy to report it. In fact once I get over the CHRISTMAS festivities and all the bah humbuggers hibernate I have something coming your way related to Woodstock of the 60’s.
    Y’all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

5. curmudgeon December 22, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Robert,
    is that a bad thing? Possibly the editor could get Rob Leone to autograph copies and up the readership by duping unsuspecting party followers.
    As you may have noticed by my previous comment I am all for dropping the “Cambridge” portion altogether. I have zippo clout with Scot & Jimm but possibly locals could impress upon them a need to rename the paper “GPH Citizen” and stick yer maple leaf wherever. “GPH” you say! Yes in fine print under the banner “God Protect Hespeler”. Nice ring to it eh? something like God Bless America only without the stars & stripes.
    Have yerself a Holly Jolly Christmas ole boy!

6. Robert Ross December 23, 2011 at 8:58 am

Curmudgeon

We all know Scot is an artsy lefty type, there is no way he wants a bunch of right wing lunatics around.They might find a way to penetrate his tin-foil shielding.
    Not sure of the GPH idea, “God” might offend someone.

That being said , have a Merry Christmas.

7. Thomas Vann December 26, 2011 at 6:44 am

1st edition, soon to be a collectors item. l shall drop by Dixon St. to P/U my copy in 2012 Scott/ Sue. Thank-you all for posting the clubs for kids as well. The public response has been huge. The remaining 30 sets are going to be handed out till spring till they’re gone.

8. Allan Dettweiler December 26, 2011 at 11:32 am

Hey Robert, please call me at 519-622-2527. I smell coffee.

9. Margaret Barr December 26, 2011 at 11:58 am

Scot, I have to say, I’m not particularly crazy about any of the logo options. Instead of the Maple Leaf, why not a more ‘personalized’ Citizen Logo?

And I gotta’ agree with whomever said it above…the first thing I thought of when seeing the ‘Blue” was that it looks like a Tory publication. Nothing wrong with that, except the ‘perception’ is there……

10. Scot Ferguson-Barber December 26, 2011 at 12:43 pm

We went with D. The conservatives don’t own the maple leaf. There isn’t an election anywhere on the horizon, by the time there is one we will have this so well branded the conservatives will have to change theirs!

11. Scot Ferguson-Barber December 26, 2011 at 12:45 pm

If it were red people would say it looked liberal, orange NDP, green Green. We want a colour banner, so D it is.

12. Mrs. R.D.M December 26, 2011 at 8:46 pm

It does look like the PC logo..but whatever

13. Robert Ross December 27, 2011 at 5:13 pm

“D” is good. The “I” dotted with the Maple Leaf looks better than the C. Is this the final design?