Below is a motion that’s before council tonight. They claim it’s going to take 10 to 12 hours to answer a few simple questions that they should have answers for anyways, and should take about 1/2 hour for anyone competent on a computer and access to the files.
16. COUNCILLORS TUCCI/COWSILL – SPECIAL COUNCIL REQUEST FOR SUPPLIES
That Council directs staff to report back by July 15, 2012 (e-mail report suffice) on the
Page 7 of 168
City of Cambridge
Monday, July 9, 2012
Since the new water billing and collection process was adopted by Council:
1. How many tenant accounts have gone into collections for delinquent water bills?
2. How many tenants have reeived a notice of shut off and $100 fee?
3. How many tenant water accounts have subsequently been shut off as a result of delinquency?
4. How many of the delinquent water accounts have subsequently been added to the landlord’s tax roll:
In addition, please confirm;
THAT tenants are also responsible for a $300 fee for the removal of the meter and that ifnot paid by the tenant, this too becomes the responsibility of the landlord and may ultimately be added to their tax roll,AND THAT this direction is being requested, as it has been acknowledged by staff that it could take 10 to 12 hours of staff time to compile and assimilate this information;
AND THAT as per City of Cambridge Policy CAO-20.050 Section 2 – Special Council Requests for Supplies and Services – “Any request likely to exceed six (6) hours of staff time in total must be authorized by Council”.