Les Kadar stays “abreast” of the music scene

By  | August 28, 2011 | 9 Comments | Filed under: Local History

While going through Bob Green’s book, “Eavesdroppings,” I came across a reference to a musician named “Les Kadar.”

As Jan Ligget was on here recently trumpeting about her hubby’s skill as a musician, I thought I’d share Bob’s story with you.

From Eavesdroppings” by Bob Green, available at Book Express and Cambridge Centre for the Arts.

Les Kadar, who runs the Garden Gate Lawn and Garden Statuary centre in the old Nicholson’s Inn at Blair, used to play trumpet in a rock band.

Playing in a dive in Welland in the 1960s, he and his band accompanied an exotic dancer who loved to pirouette so that her enormous silicon bosom would float like the Graf Zeppelin. The stage was too small, and that night one of her breasts lodged in the bell of Les’s trumpet, driving it into his mouth and almost knocking out his frontteeth. His mouth bled, and she offered to kiss it better but, like a gentleman, he declined and offered first aid for her breasts.

9 Responses to Les Kadar stays “abreast” of the music scene

1. Scot Ferguson-Barber August 28, 2011 at 2:19 pm

By the way, Les. Just because I’m not writing about politics doesn’t mean I’ve stopped shit disturbing. I hope Jan knew about this!

2. les August 28, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Bob’s one of the greatest. He wrote this stuff while we were sitting shooting the breeze one night. For the most part it is correct. Literary license is a wonderful thing.
    I luv his book which he graciously signed for me after spinning his tale and BTW he is a good drummer too!
    Any time you want to borrow a bigger shit disturbance paddle, you know where to call.

3. Sharon Kopp August 28, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Oh my I think I’m going to need my hip wadders or a shovel.

4. Gerry McGrath August 28, 2011 at 11:24 pm

you people have a great site, and this story is one reason why.

5. les kadar August 29, 2011 at 6:46 pm

Sharon depending upon the moment, you may well need both at the same time.

6. Doug Graham August 31, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Double Entendres,Excellent, wonder what Randy Thinks.

7. jan liggett September 1, 2011 at 11:21 am

LOL. Yes, I knew about the story. Who do you think gave it to Bob? One of the reasons Les and I have had such a wonderful marriage is because of his great sense of humour and his kindness. Now if he had lost any teeth that day, it might be a different story since I really married him for his looks and his money. Of course that’s another whole story.

8. Elvis September 2, 2011 at 8:34 am

Is this the activity from where the word “Strumpet” comes from?

Ty, tyvm,
    Elvis

9. les September 2, 2011 at 1:03 pm

Listen guys, Bob’s story goes back 43 years. While I still “strum” and had a pet
    it’s all done at a much slower and safer distance.