15 Responses to Letters to the Editor for March

1. Shawn February 23, 2012 at 12:09 am

Heres a story for you….not one single news source online or paper even reported the news of local racer JR Fitzpatricks deal to run a full time Camping World Truck Series this year starting friday at Daytona…. Not the kw record or the Cambridge times…
    Pretty pathethic considering how hard that it is with sponsors and maybe the only Canadian with a full time deal within a top racing series . how can nobody report on that kind of sports story here locally? It’s national news being reported on Speed Channel…for the past week and we can’t even read it in our own local media??????

2. Shawn February 23, 2012 at 12:17 am

Look for Truck # 60 …Equipment Express ….only truck with a Canadian flag by the drivers name …

3. Sandra Hill February 23, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Shawn that is great that you support JR – My daughter knows him well and I just meet him in Hespeler a couple of weeks ago – Yes Please write about him my daughter tells me he will be a big success!!

4. Dixon Parrks February 23, 2012 at 9:06 pm

I will be at Club 515 on Feb. 29 to support my son’s band. This is the final night for Club 515. I hope the locals won’t be there with torches and pitchforks. Another nail in Cambridge’s coffin for live music venues.

5. Shawn February 24, 2012 at 12:12 am

Sandra,
    I am no reporter,,, ! But I sent this message to a few local media outlets and Doucett said he interviewed JR yesterday, so he will be posting story… ( a week after the big news ! )

Some of my best writing of late was sent in to the “submit a story” link on here and it got lost in cyberspace!

I have no desire to rewrite that one ..

.as it involved too many thoughts on sales calls, pc town hall meetings, telemarketing and lawn care, windows, security systems etc…

I’ll sit back on Friday night and see how our local boy does in the big race and let everyone know if they miss it !
    Cheers
    Shawn’s Garage

6. Chris Baker February 27, 2012 at 5:46 am

I just submitted a letter to the editor about Jessie Sansone’s plight and ordeal at the hands of the fascist good Samaritans. I just wanted to add that one of best tricks of an authoritative government is to grind people down with stupidity.

7. Scot Ferguson-Barber February 27, 2012 at 12:17 pm

I just checked the submit a story link and it works fine

8. Dixon Parrks February 28, 2012 at 10:36 pm

How about a story about the time Galt played for the Stanley Cup?

9. Scot Ferguson-Barber February 29, 2012 at 10:33 am

Galt played for the Stanley Cup? What year? Sounds perfect!

10. joe lethbridge February 29, 2012 at 11:43 am

how about a story about facebook or others social responsibilties or do they really have any ? can they continue to rake in billions of ad revenues and potentially open shares up to the public without and responsibilities for users abusive words or threats ?

11. Sue Taylor February 29, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Hey… how ’bout the Citizen do a field trip the the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto. I’m game! I LOVE that place – been there lots of times. What do you say, Scot? 🙂

12. Dixon Parrks February 29, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Galt played Ottawa in Jan. 1910 in a 2 game series and lost both games. On the original Stanley Cup that is in the vault at the Hockey Hall of Fame, Galt is listed as losing to the Ottawa Hockey Club. In the early years they put both teams name on the cup.

13. Eleanor Grant March 1, 2012 at 1:07 am

Hello –

While visiting Cambridge for work Saturday I took in the Farmers’ Market, and while there I picked up a Cambridge Citizen.

I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed the well-written poem by Sheila White about the history of Cambridge.

And thanks for your fine coverage of the Enbridge pipeline. I dare say most of us in Waterloo Region never knew it was there. If, God forbid, anything went wrong, we would all be affected. Enbridge doesn’t have a good track record for assuming responsibility for its spills (think Kalamazoo).

Really enjoyed all your articles on local history as well.

Eleanor Grant