9 Responses to Local politician should go to the back of the bus

1. Kathryn Hobson February 11, 2011 at 6:30 pm

We don’t need a train system of any kind in Cambridge, we just need to improve the bus service that we have. Plain and simple.

2. Beverly Bonsignore February 12, 2011 at 12:15 pm

I agree with you scot, just improve our bus service and build a few more shelters and we will be good. Great article bye he way. Nice to see people focusing on real issues in this city.

3. scot February 12, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Unfortunatly, the ones who make the decisions don’t ride the buses.

4. Nicholas Ermeta April 18, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Hey Scot … Great to see you speaking up on the issue … Although I have my licence I do ride the bus and do believe they need to improve our existing routes

5. scot April 18, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Nicholas, I’m going to be adressing this in a new column, dealing with what I saw at council tonight. I think that council should be commended for standing up to the region, Cambridge has got the short end of the stick for too long.
    I also want to thank you for the renaming of Beattie Cresent, that is a story I’m going to love to write.

6. Nicholas Ermeta April 18, 2011 at 10:36 pm

Sounds good Scot … I always look forward to your stuff … your feedback is welcome anytime 🙂

7. scot April 18, 2011 at 11:15 pm
  8. Malcolm April 19, 2011 at 9:03 am

MOTIONS FOR WHICH PREVIOUS NOTICE WAS GIVEN
    4. COUNCILLOR KIEFER – LIGHT RAIL TRANSIT (LRT)
    Recommendation
    THAT the Cambridge City Council and the residents of the City of Cambridge are not
    prepared to support the Light Rail Transit (LRT) as it is currently being proposed by the
    Council of the Region of Waterloo;
    AND THAT the current LRT proposal will only benefit the Cities of Kitchener and
    Waterloo, with the City of Cambridge receiving no benefit from the proposed transit
    system;
    AND THAT if the Council of the Region of Waterloo is going to support the proposal as
    status quo, the City of Cambridge Council requests that the Region “area rate” the LRT
    costs to the taxpayers of the Cities of Kitchener and Waterloo and that the City of
    Cambridge tax payers be exempt from the additional costs of the LRT;
    AND THAT if the Council of the Region of Waterloo fails to support the “area rating”
    concept that the Region revise the current proposal to include the City of Cambridge in a
    full scale LRT, with the same benefits as Kitchener and Waterloo.
    AND THAT the City of Cambridge Council endorse the hiring of an economist to
    examine the Socio-Economic repercussions the Regional decision will have on the City
    of Cambridge economy, if the current proposal is adopted.

9. scot April 19, 2011 at 9:11 am