13 Responses to Music you love to hate!

1. Dixon Parrks March 9, 2012 at 5:06 pm

#4 is actually called Playground In My Mind. It was sung by Clint Holmes. Seasons in the Sun was a Terry Jacks solo recording not the Poppy Family. I am embarrassed I know this stuff. I would like to add Brand New Key by Melanie to this sorid collection.

2. Hags March 9, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Dix…I’m also impressed about your knowledge of ‘suckie songs.’ BTW..didn’t mind ‘I got a brand new pair of roller skates’, the true name of the song.

3. scot March 9, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Don’t worry, be happy by Bobby McFerrin.

4. Elvis March 9, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Anything by Megadeth, Iron Maiden and other similar Heavy Metal bands. However this old Rock N’ Roller is mellowing somewhat after listening to Aerosmith’s “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” theme from the movie Armageddon and the song “More Than Words” by Extreme, a band influenced by Aerosmith and Van Halen.

5. Hags March 10, 2012 at 9:57 am

Most of my list captured a genre of music from my youth…Bubblegum; does it still exist and is it still as bad today as it was then?

6. Dixon Parrks March 10, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Yes it does. Bubblegum in now called Bieber fever.

7. les March 16, 2012 at 10:17 pm

These ‘ monstrosities ” as you call em all made what is better known as ” money ‘ in the pockets of the agents, producers and writers.
    While as a musician, I/we didn’t/wouldn’t/ won’t / play them live as cover songs, it doesn’t mean that hundreds of thousands don’t like to hear them, especially at weddings and such.
    Music is like wine.
    The best wine, is the wine you like best.
    It does not mean, I for one, will drink it.
    But it does mean, that I for one, will not get the profit from it.

8. Hags March 17, 2012 at 8:45 am

And I was told you were a ‘cool guy’. And anyone who doesn’t heartily agree with all my inane musical critiques is both a heretic and a pro-testant.

9. Elvis March 17, 2012 at 9:41 am

Two songs in your list, “Alone Again, Naturally” and “The Long and Winding Road” have had over 3 million air-plays each. More antagonizing for you and more money in the pockets of the writers.

10. Hags March 17, 2012 at 11:53 am

Elvis, I know, I know…it’s simply my cross to bear. If you want to start a new thread…I think the most over-rated song ever is Lenon’s ‘Imagine’….mere gooey pap for the minions who are polically correct.

11. Dixon Parrks March 20, 2012 at 8:10 pm

More songs we love to hate. Van Halen’s Jump! and the Rolling Stones Start Me Up. I would even move to Hespeler if it meant not having to listen to either of these two train wrecks ever again.

12. Hags March 20, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Forgot one….Major Hooples ‘You Girl’..makes my skin crawl.

13. Elvis March 20, 2012 at 9:13 pm

“Killing Me Softly with His Song” by Roberta Flack, another tune to add to the list