6 Responses to Portraits of Cambridge Redux

1. Louise November 3, 2010 at 10:32 am

What a fantastic project idea! This is something that should be displayed, at its completion, in one of the galleries – perhaps at Queens Square.
    I’m inspired to hum a childhood favourite tune from Sesame Street: “Oh these are the people in my neighbourhood…The people that you meet when you’re walking down the street, the people that you see each day!” La la la…

2. Scotty Moffatt November 3, 2010 at 6:30 pm

And that is what makes this city a great investment. There are many talented people that need to be seen and heard, too bad many in Cambridge think the arts are a wasted dollar spent.

3. Joe Forte April 9, 2011 at 4:16 pm

What a Great Project,I,m in gratitude to Tania for doing a painting of me,, and totally pleased with the finished painting,, I would like to make asuggestion for an extension to this undertaking, I would Love to see a portrait,, of 100 people from Cambridge who have passed away,, and made a difference in the lives of the folks of Cambridge,, also would love to see Claudette millar in this series as well as Max Saltzman,, so you get the picture,, would be a great bit of art to hang in Our New City Hall

4. Facetious Lee April 10, 2011 at 5:20 am

pssssst Joe, Claudette is still alive…most of the time. She occupies a seat on Regional Council. I guess a little like the Eveready Bunny (not a Playboy Bunny n’more)… she keeps going and going.
    Honest, I hope the dear lady gets out of politics soon and teams up with Sue Sturdy and begins knitting.
    Maybe they could cover the Mayor of Lamebridge from head to toe in multi-colour knitted garments.
    They could then have a portrait done of him. He’d look as good as he ever has.
    All that said Joe, I’m glad your portrait is included. It would look real good beside that of John “Jack” Harris – another of Preston’s slightly eccentric characters…may he be resting peacefully.
    Remember… be here now!

5. Joe Forte April 10, 2011 at 10:02 am

Lee I Know Claudettes still alive ,, was thinking of Her for the 1st series,, and people like her,, who have dedicated their lives to the well being of Cambridge,, and for sure Magic Jack Harris,, would hav to be included, as well Percy Hilborn,, and one of my favorites,, from galt of all places,,I.K.Martin and again You get the picture,, a whole lot of those portraits,, just to show a little respect

6. scot April 10, 2011 at 10:09 am

The slide show at the top is fixed now.