15 Responses to Thank you Liberal Government

1. Hags December 30, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Mr. Baker, you understate the problem. Yes, Dalton is a disaster but Harper is little
    better…running up huge deficits at the urging of NDP and Liberal opposition.
    Locally you’ll pay more for water, theatres,light rail and other baubles masquerading as services.
    I thought we learned our lesson when Chretien and Harris got us into the black…but all I see now at every level of gov’t is red ink…wasted stimulus spending…and no end in sight to crushing deficts that will lead us down the disastrous path the Yanks and Euros are currently trodding.
    Last, if Tories and Libs can’t fix it, it won’t be fixed…the NDP only cries for throwing more money at everything both at Queens Park and on Parliament Hill…we’re screwed unless Harris or Chretien come back….royally, totally screwed!
    P.S. People always seem to want more services but don’t want tax increases…something is the matter with our thinking. Pity.

2. Blair Breen December 31, 2011 at 11:37 am

It doesn’t matter who is in our taxes will rise or we get service cuts. Someone always suffers so others can
    be happy.

3. Jan Liggett December 31, 2011 at 4:56 pm

The payroll tax hike is for CPP & EI premiums. It is the federal government (Conservative) who is bringing in the increase. The provincial Liberals have nothing to do with EI nor CPP.

4. Malcolm January 1, 2012 at 7:32 am

Always amazed the lack of knowledge out in the public. I guess people who don’t understand the issues should refrain from commenting until they do.

5. linda Whetham January 1, 2012 at 10:30 am

Malcolm
    At least the People who do not understand are commenting, I would think that this is a good start, because now when they are put down they will refrain from commenting and then the ones who do know the issues can feel much better about their smart selves, I would think that Jan’s response is the way to help the folks understand…..be a Teacher and help the people understand the issues….

6. Lary Turner January 1, 2012 at 11:03 am

Ironic isn’t it? Harper & Flarity ran on a promise to cut ALL taxes (not just corporate taxes) and now we are facing large “Premium Increases” for E.I. and CPP … yes folks, I do remember the 2% cut in GST, but also have watched the federal deficit continue to climb (now at an all time record).

7. Hags January 2, 2012 at 10:04 am

Jan you are right, an omission on my part to not correct the writer about the taxes being federal…but Dalton is still a disaster. A 17 bilion motza ball is merely future taxes.
    Dalton refuses to cut spending…meaning he will have to raise taxes sharply…or go the way of Greece. You and Les fancy that?
    Again, Chretien is still the model for others to copy when it comes to giving us programs and paying for them so as not to burden our kids.

8. les January 2, 2012 at 7:53 pm

No Hagmatic, I don’t. But you nailed it.
    People demand demand, demand and for some unknown reason can’t figure out that it all comes from only one place. Their pocket.
    Now, I agree Dalton is not my favourite peanut. The administration of the HST ( just to name one point) and tax on tax at the pump and elsewhere is unethical and nothing short of theft.
    But, as you brought it up.
    Tell me, how much did Harris leave behind when kicked out of office?
    And also, how many untold millions is the common sense revolution of ” downloading of services ” costing the municipal governments who is none other than us?
    Of all the private sector businesses that were given former government services to handle, how many of them operate on ” government subsidy ” only?
    So where is the saving?

Lastly, where did the money ” saved?” once those services were put onto the shoulders of the municipalities go?

9. Hags January 2, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Enigmatic, Les-o-matic…Jean cut Mikes allowance…Mike cut Dougies. We’ll get it right when all get to live within their means…you know that old ‘only one tax payer chestnut’ that nobody wants to talk about.
    One day I’ll write about Mike and then you can go crazy and tell me he was the anti-christ or worse.
    Last, in my new spirit of being more brutally honest,(when Scot gets around to publishing my latest),I would vote for Mike in a heartbeat over that dullard Dalton. You, Jan and most everyone I know could do a better job than he.
    Les, happy new year to you…always love to know what you’re thinking…though often it scares me.

10. Chris Baker January 3, 2012 at 1:35 am

I admit that I jumped the gun on the issue before getting all the facts. It is a knee jerk reaction on my part to blame the Liberals on any kind of tax hike and I will do my homework when the next inevitable tax hike comes down the pike. I don’t think Harper’s Conservatives are any better either. I just want to know where this money is actually going .

11. les January 3, 2012 at 1:38 pm

And a very merry Christmas ( note that ) and a Happier New year to you as well Hagman.

The very funny thing in all of this, is we are not very much different in our sentiments.
    While even Frank Stronach has dealt Mike an exit wound, voting him back into anywhere but a nursing home so he could witness his handy work fist hand is the only place I would agree to put him.

The sad facts are that no matter which party we put in office, sooner or later they begin to drink the coolaid and join the ” me first ” gang that came before them. The way they do it may be different, but in the end, they win and we lose.
    It’s just the way it seems to go.

12. Lary Turner January 3, 2012 at 5:22 pm

I am sure that Frank Stronach is worried about his taxes! Just today they released the CEO incomes for 2011 and he led the pack with a measley $62 million. Now I realize that he is a self made man that has worked hard to build Magna Corporation into what it is today, but is anyone worth more than a million dollars a week?

13. Hags January 3, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Lary, yup, you and especially me.

14. Facetious Lee January 4, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Some glorious day we’ll all live together happily in Libertaria!
    Dalton and his type will be chained some where in Siberia.
    His only visitors will be Billy and Johnny.

15. Hags January 4, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Facetious, I think you misssed many others who frequent this site who would visit Dalton and shower him with wanton kisses, flattery and apple crumble.
    Funny but polls said that chicks dig him…while most men simply want to wash his equine face in dirty snow.