8 Responses to Was 2 years for Graham James Enough?

1. Mrs. R.D.M March 23, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Two years enough, hardly.

Our justice system isn’t perfect and sometimes I fear it isn’t even adequate. There is too much to comment on, I could go on and on and on. It’s exhausting witnessing the nonsense that are out criminal courts.

2. Hags March 24, 2012 at 11:08 am

Mrs. RDM, we are supposed to be able to brand someone who is a ‘dangerous offender’, as such. The law is almost never used. That tells me that it is too difficult to make that designation stick….so what, are the politicians doing about it….nada!
    I also feel that judges come from priviledge…and have no clue about what the working class goes through…they cannot feel their pain, because they’ve never experienced it.
    Anyway,it will be difficult for me to ever vote again until someone will have the balls to bring justice to system that clearly lacks it.

3. les March 26, 2012 at 8:16 am

Hags, he got more than many of the good fathers who abused dozens if not more, boys during their entire career and are now put out to pasture instead of in jail.
    I guess that is where the bench mark for punishment started. With the church.

4. Hags March 26, 2012 at 11:11 am

Les, you raise a good point. I’m sure we both are in favour of making the punishment fit the crime….no more ‘put out to pasture'(clergy)….no more transferred (like teachers used to be)…and no more house arrests, which was the defense recommendation for James.

5. chris baker April 2, 2012 at 2:06 am

The judical system is about compliance.It is about harassing people for petty misdomeanors rather than actually catching real criminals. If Agenda 21 is fully implemented you may see a Stalinist style judical system where the thugs and criminals are used to police the general public. This may sound like something out of A Clockwork Orange but if you look state side at the TSA in the airports and read same of the articles on their employees recent criminal activities; these are exactly the kind of people they hire. I get harassed if I walk home from a bar!!!But if I was A Jon Corzine at M.F. Global who gets caught stealing money from private accounts and purges himself in court I get a slap on the wrist. I am sick of the double standards. Canada may not be that corrupt yet; but I am not going to hold my breath. They may soon clap me in irons when I refuse to pay my carbon taxes.

6. Hags April 2, 2012 at 9:26 am

Chris, you make some good points; lets hope the pendulum swimgs back to common sense.
    Sadly, for me, James committed crimes against visible minorities…in Theo Fleury and his cousin….and still got soft sentences.
    I still for the life of me cannot understand why the broken lives of young people don’t matter to those who sit in our seats of power and judgement.

7. Jean Maich April 15, 2012 at 2:25 pm

NO! How much time is enough? The victims received a life sentence. They can never undo what has been done to them, they can only learn to live with it as best they can. How can anyone who has not been abused truly understand both the physical and emotional toll that has been paid by the victims? Individuals like Graham James should never again have the opportunity to inflict their evil on others.

8. Hags April 15, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Jean, I agree. James has proven he cannot be trusted around boys or young men. Locking him up forever and a day would be justified.