Who should win the election? Win $100!

By  | October 17, 2010 | 15 Comments | Filed under: Politics

Danny the Barber, who loves to get people talking about his beloved adopted country, is putting up a hundred bucks in cold, hard cash for the best answer to “Who should win the election? “
It’s not who “will” win, that might be too easy, it’s who “should win. Be serious, be sarcastic, be creative. ( your “candidates” can even be fictional!) Post your answers below.
The best response will be chosen from a panel of political pundits at Danny’s. Contest closes midnight Oct. 24th.

15 Responses to Who should win the election? Win $100!

1. Margaret Barr October 3, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Danny the Barber should be the mayor; I bet even Doug and Linda would vote for him. I know I would.

2. scot October 3, 2010 at 1:09 pm

LOl, wow, you posted that quick!
    Never mind Mayor, Danny for PM!!

3. Margaret Barr October 3, 2010 at 1:15 pm

I am ‘sitting’ on the net, again, today……Can’t go out….You never know what I will come up with, or how soon……when I’m home alone and bored.

You’re right about PM. But I think he should start with mayor.

4. Jimm Hillis October 3, 2010 at 3:21 pm

I know I am not eligible to win, but I think Margaret Barr should be the next Mayor. She is reasonable, thinks things out and is open to both sides of an issue, her love of Asparagus aside.lol

5. Margaret Barr October 3, 2010 at 4:32 pm

I’m flattered. Hope you, at least, voted for me when I did run. Anyway, thanks for the vote of confidence. But I have to go now and prepare my latest asparagus recipe. Hummmmmmmmmm

6. Margaret Barr October 3, 2010 at 6:41 pm

OMG I just read my post above! I meant Yummmmmmmmm.

7. Linda Warnock October 3, 2010 at 7:14 pm

how about none of them, i say Dan for Mayor. At least he knows he lives in a fantasy world.

8. Thomas Vann October 3, 2010 at 7:25 pm

My vote would go to good old Al Finnley that used to run the Sulpher Springs Hotel in Preston. When Al and l worked together as vollunteers with the Cambridge Sports Hall of Fame he put us where we are at today. His humor and hard work wasn’t hidden from many. Al retired from it last year. Al also ran Galt Minor Hockey School for 25+ years. Everything Al touches turns out well and people love him. Al and l are very close still. He gets my vote on being a great person for this City as Mayor.

9. Margaret Barr October 3, 2010 at 7:34 pm

Thomas…Sports, sports, sports……Will you, please, stop with that stuff already? Don’t you know that (according to Jim Chandler..God love him) Cambridge is already known as the ‘Arena Capitol of the World’?

Linda, I haven’t seen ‘Dan for Mayor’…going to now, though.

10. Thomas Vann October 3, 2010 at 7:43 pm

Galt Gardens ‘oldest in Canada” and a beauty. Danny used to cut my hair by the taxi station ahhh..50 years ago Margaret. Nice to here from you. Best Wishes!

11. Allan Dettweiler October 9, 2010 at 2:33 am

I think the “Ghost of the Little Red Barn” should be Mayor. He has no place to live now that his home has been torn down. He can only wander around a parking lot put up by Doug and friends. It’s time to bring him in out of the cold (and the heat) and give him a cushy job at City Hall. We need someone who understands what its like to be homeless and without a job. I’m betting the the Ghost will collect the whole Mayor’s salary and put it to good use helping the down and out.

12. @bretthagey October 17, 2010 at 11:02 pm

Brooksley Born for mayor, lol, wouldn’t that be nice

13. Jimm Hillis October 17, 2010 at 11:07 pm

Wow, way to think out of the box. But if the regulators in the States wouldn’t listen to her, think what would happen with our council!

14. Allan Dettweiler November 1, 2010 at 9:35 am

Who won?

15. Jimm Hillis November 1, 2010 at 9:41 am

Good Question, I will find out today from Scot!