10 Responses to You Don’t know From Humour

1. Margaret Barr November 21, 2010 at 11:23 am

Mike, this is priceless. LOL!

I used to attend council meetings regularly when I wrote a column for the Times. Most of my best material was gleaned from the sometimes hilarious, sometimes sad, council goings-on.

Now that I am returning to the Times’ I will be attending plenty of council meetings, again. I need some Monday fun..

2. citizen jane November 21, 2010 at 11:31 am

Nice to read your work again Mike, I enjoyed your writings while you were at the echo, this one is priceless. Thanks for a morning smile

3. Harold Fontaine November 21, 2010 at 12:41 pm

Why is this an issue at the Times? I found Mr. Hagerty’s column incredibly funny and Mr.cahill this is the best response I have read so far. Believe it or not there are folks in this city that find humour in things. We are not all old doting seniors complaining about our Spam rations and the election.

4. Jimm Hillis November 21, 2010 at 12:43 pm

welcome to the Citizen Mike, hopefully we hear more from you.

5. Allan Dettweiler November 21, 2010 at 1:14 pm

Likewise Mike, I am glad to see you contributing to the Citizen having met you last week.

6. Aaron Campbell November 21, 2010 at 5:47 pm

Very good read.I really enjoyed this.

7. Paul Willotson November 23, 2010 at 9:06 pm

I have always enjoyed your story’s Mike and as usual this is fantastic.

8. Rick Macdonald November 23, 2010 at 10:25 pm

As usual a truly funny story, hell it has made all 3 internet sites in town. 1st here on the 21’st, then on the Times on the 22’nd and now it is on the advocate. 3 day’s 3 sites..not bad.

9. Mike Cahill November 24, 2010 at 11:31 pm

Wow, i don’t think this was very popular over at the “other website that shall not be named”. They called me bad names and stuff! Most disconcerting.
    P.S. Jim, i need to contact you directly about something.

10. Jimm Hillis November 24, 2010 at 11:36 pm

I sent you a message on facebook.

“Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.”

E.B. White